Rules & Regulations
We are taking extra precautions due to COVID-19 and following CDC Guidelines.
- You must be capable of controlling your dog. We recommend bringing along a crate to use as well as backup collars, harnesses, and leashes.
- All dogs must be kept under control. Do not let your dog go “nose-to-nose” with any unfamiliar dog unless both owners/handlers consent and are present.
- All dogs must be ON LEASH at all times when they are not running the course. Leashes must be on your dog before you exit your vehicle.
- The course is fenced with temporary fencing. It will NOT completely contain a dog that wants to get out. Please make sure you are confident in your dog’s recall before you let him run the course off-leash.
- A signed waiver must be presented before your dog can run. They are available at check-in/registration.
- We provide water and hoses for your dogs.
- Please clean up after your dog. We always have extra bags available if you need one.
- If you bring children, please keep them under control. Families with children will be asked to leave if the child is petting and approaching other people’s dogs without permission from the owner and supervision by their parents. Anyone under 18 is not allowed to handle a dog on course without a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Restrooms are available nearby.
- Properly care for your dog. This includes housing, water, warming-up and cooling-down, and taking care of any injury or fatigue in a responsible manner.
- Owners, Handlers, and Spectators: Lure Course Brevard is a largely non-competitive environment. Everyone present shall conduct themselves in a professional, considerate, and sportsmanlike manner.